jumping on board with the ten more questions. these are pretty fun!
- If your horse was a person, who would they be? Pretty sure he’d be Wooderson from Dazed and Confused, or Spicoli from Fast Times….
- What is one (or two…or five) piece(s) of equipment you CANNOT live without. Pretty sure I can’t live without leather reins with stops. I’ve tried ALL THE REINS, and this is the only style I like.
- When did you start riding/what discipline? I started riding consistently in middle school, in hunter/jumpers. Rode through college, until I lost my horse from colic.
- Do you have a barn dog? If so, what breed? Dare I admit that we’re not really dog people? Our house is full of kittehs and I gravitate toward the barn cats. Sometimes I’d like to have a dog, but I don’t think a Rhodesian Ridgeback would make a very good barn dog.
- Do you like doing stalls or nah? LOVE doing stalls, probably because I don’t have to.
- What treat(s) does your horse go nuts over? Auto’s most favorite is watermelon rind. The only thing he’s not crazy for is sugar.
- If you’ve switched disciplines, why? After 15 years off, I’m coming back as an eventer. Mostly because I want to ride XC and learn dressage.
- What is your least favorite discipline and why? Hmm, I don’t know enough about most other disciplines to be critical, but I must second the notion that bronc riding is utterly unconscionable. Any riding that requires a horse to be in pain and angry is not OK.
- Who is currently your favorite rider? Boyd Martin, baby! Not only is he adorbs, he’s also an amazing rider.
- What is your BIGGEST pet peeve regarding horses? That it’s impossible to know all the everythings.